Prof. Michael Ermann M.D., Berlin (Germany)
Michael Ermann is a Psychoanalyst and specialist in Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy.
He is a member and training analyst of
- the International Psychoanalytic Association (IPA),
- the Section of Individual Members of the Internat. Federation of Psychoanalytic Societies (IFPS),
- of the German Psychoanalytical Society (DPG),
- of the German Society for Psychoanalysis, Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Tiefenpsychologie (DGPT)
Since April 2009 in he was in private office in Munich, since 2016 in Berlin.
From 1985 to 2009 he was Professor for Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich. There he had the chair of the Department of Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics at the Psychiatric University Hospital.
Marco Conci interviews Michael Ermann
International Forum of Psychoanalysis 27 (2018)5 - 13
- 1943 Born in Stettin/Pomerania, grown up in Northern Germany
- 1963 Abitur (final school examination) in Hamburg
- Studies in the history of arts and philosophy in Würzburg
- Medical training at the Universities of Freiburg (Br.), Hamburg and Vienna
- 1969 State examination and doctorate (M.D.) at Freiburg University
- 1971 -- 76 Scientific and clinical activity at the Psychotherapeutic Center in Stuttgart. Psychoanalytic training
- 1976 -- 85 Senior physician, Psychosomatic Department at the Mannheim Central Institute for Mental Health (WHO Cooperating Center)
- 1978 Habilitation and 1980 Chair in Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychoanalysis at the University of Heidelberg
- 1985 Professor at the Munich University. 1985 - 2009 Head of the Dept. of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy at the Psychiatric University Hospital
- 2009 Private office for Psychotherapy and Psychosomatic Medicine in Munich
- 2016 Move to Berlin, activities in psychoanalytic consultation, supervision and mentoring
Member of boards and consultant in political and scientific organisations.
- 1981 - 2018 Member of the board of the German Psychoanalytical Society (DPG); 1987 - 1995 President of the DPG
- 1982 - 2016 Delegate and Member of the Executive Committee of the International Federation of Psychoanalytic Societies (IFPS);
2005 - 2010 Chairman of the Archives Commission
2012 - 2016 Chairman of the Section of Individual Members
- 2013 Visiting Professor of the Berlin International Psychoanalytic University
- Editor and Co-Editor of scientific journals,
e.g. “International Forum of Psychoanalysis"
"Forum der Psychoanalyse"
- 2008 Schwidder Award of the IFPS
- 2010 Research Fellow of the Konan Institute of Human Sciences, Kobe (Japan)
- 2013 Honorary Member of the German Psychoanalytical Society (DPG)
- 2017 Honorary Member of the Munich Akademy of Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy
- 2018 Honorary Member of the Institute for Psychoanalysis (DPG) Nürnberg - Regensburg
Activities 1985 - 2009 at the Munich University
Psychosomatic inpatient therapy and outpatient clininic, psychoanalytic and psychodynamic consulting and therapy
Training of medical and psychological students and postgraduates in psychosomatic medicine, psychotherapy and psychoanalysis
- - Psychosocial implications of HIV infections and AIDS (Federal Research Project)
- - Psychodynamics of somatisation and psychophysiologic disorders
- - Psychoanalytically based sleep and dream research
- - The Munich WarChildhood Project
Link: Statement on Reminding,
presented on occasion of a meeting under the topic of
“Final destination 1945 - and how it went on”
by the WarChildhood Project at the Munich University